Pages

.

"Guac" that Rocks


Ingredients (adapted from Ro*Tel.com)
3 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and mashed
1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper
Tortilla chips, optional
Directions 
Mix avocados, drained tomatoes, lemon juice and salt in medium bowl until well blended. Season with pepper to taste.  Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.

The Results...
Did this "Guac" really rock?  Well, it was quite easy to make and it did taste good.  I omitted the chopped onion from the original recipe and added extra lemon juice for more tanginess.  Since it's April Fool's Day, I told the kids it was "monster vomit."  I know, that's kind of disgusting, but it made the kids laugh.  They still tried it and decided to give it 3 stars.  I really like guacamole and I gave this one 4 stars.  My husband's vote was also 3 stars.  So, overall, this is a 3 star recipe.  It was good, but it didn't "Rock."   

No comments:

Post a Comment