Pages

.

Strawberries and Cream Rice Crispy Cupcakes

A bag of soft, pink, strawberry marshmallows have been sitting on the shelf for a few weeks now.  The kids asked me many times if they could eat them.  My answer has been, "No!  I'm gonna make something with them."  Of course they wanted to know what I was planning.  I wasn't really sure until I found a recipe for Strawberry Rice Crispy Cupcakes.  That's what I'm making...

Ingredients (printable recipe)
3 Tbsp. butter
1 bag (8oz.) Strawberry marshmallows
6 cups crispy rice cereal
cream cheese frosting or whipped cream
6-12 fresh strawberries (large berries can be cut in half)
Directions
Microwave butter in large microwaveable bowl on high 45 sec. or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1-1.5 min. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 45 sec. Add cereal; mix well. Press firmly into a greased 12 cup standard cupcake pan. (I buttered my hands and pressed the mixture evenly into each cup.)  Let cool. Remove from pan; Top with a dollop of frosting or whipped cream and a strawberry.  Makes 12.  Store extras in the refrigerator.

Adapted from Dirty Laundry

The Results...
Watch out!  These are super sweet!  I used cream cheese frosting on top and my husband thought it made this dessert too sweet.  He would've liked something lighter like whipped cream on top.  I didn't hear any complaints from the kids.  They loved these little crispy cupcakes and gave them 4 1/2 stars.  It was worth the wait.  I will make these again, but I won't serve them so close to bedtime.  Sugar rushes and bedtimes don't go well together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment