Pages

.

Cool Whip Frosting

Since it's very cold outside, I've been turning the oven on and baking more than usual.  My little 5 yr. old loves to help!  She received a princess cupcake kit for Christmas and she's been asking to make cupcakes.  I want to try this Cool Whip Frosting, too.  So, we are making cupcakes today!

Ingredients (printable recipe)
1 cup milk
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pudding mix, any flavor
1/4 cup powdered sugar (granulated sugar will work, too)
8 ounces Cool Whip
Directions
1. Pour milk into bowl add pudding mix and sugar.
2. Beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes.
3. Gently fold in Cool Whip.
4. Frost cake or cupcakes and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.

Adapted from Food.com and Kraft

The Results...
Fluffy, light, sweet and lemon-y (I used lemon pudding).  What I really like about this recipe is that you can change the flavor to match the kind of cake you make.  Use cheesecake pudding for a carrot cake or chocolate pudding with a chocolate cake or butterscotch pudding with a yellow cake.  You get the idea.

I also like that Cool Whip Frosting is lighter than traditional frosting and it only takes five minutes to make!  I have nothing against traditional Buttercream frosting.  It's just nice to have a quicker and lighter option.

Update Oct. 11, 2013
We still love this frosting! I've added it to our Tried and True recipes.  I still love how quick, easy and light this frosting is and my family still loves to eat it. :)  Here's a picture of some Halloween cupcakes I made recently with vanilla and chocolate flavored Cool Whip Frosting. 

 
Other recipes you might like:
Buttercream and Chocolate Buttercream Icing
Chocolate Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
Animal Cupcakes

This recipe is shared at:

I share recipes at these linky parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment