Pages

.

Pudding Milkshake (No Ice Cream)

Sorry, this isn't the best picture.  It was getting dark.
We all need a little motivation sometimes.  I asked the kids to pick up the house yesterday evening.  They gave me that "do we have to?" look.  When I offered to make milkshakes, they jumped up immediately and started cleaning.  They hurried and put everything away.  A little bribe motivation works well.  The house was looking great!

I went to the freezer to start whipping up milkshakes.  But, there was a problem....no ice cream!

Luckily, I remembered a recipe for a no-ice cream milkshake that I recently found online.  We were still going to have milkshakes, Pudding Milkshakes.

Ingredients (printable recipe)
1 cup milk
1 cup frozen strawberries
2 1/2 cups Cool-Whip (or one small 8 oz. tub)
2-4 Tablespoons instant pudding*--I used Jell-O Strawberry Creme
1/2 to 1 cup ice
Directions
Put all ingredients in the blender. Blend until smooth.
Makes 2-3 glasses

*The more pudding mix you use the thicker it will be. Be creative and use different pudding flavors.

**You could make a lighter version with skim milk, Lite Cool-Whip and sugar-free pudding mix.

Inspiration netcooks.com

The Results...
Cool, creamy and delicious!  This is a fun recipe that you can be creative with and change the flavors to whatever you like.

The kids really liked their sweet reward.  They gave their Pudding Milkshakes 4-5 stars.  They didn't miss the ice cream at all!  I wonder what else the kids would do for a Pudding Milkshake?  :)   

This recipe is featured at Lady Behind the Curtain.
Featured on Cast Party Wednesday

I also share recipes at these linky parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment